where is this from?

This blog contains texts I have contributed to Italy forums of Tripadvisor. Only what I have contributed.

I assert my intellectual property rights to my writing.

My work may be re-used in terms as for Creative Commons, allowing "users to distribute, remix and build upon a work, and create Derivative Works – even for commercial use – provided they credit the original creator/s (and any other nominated parties)."

In posting things to Tripadvisor, the Tripadvisor system adds some links of its own choosing, to its own pages. I have not removed these.


Thursday 24 May 2018

cost of taxis

Red line indicates Aurelian Wall. Area to which fixed fared from airports apply.
Source wikimedia
In Rome there are fixed prices for taxis to and from the airports to the city, written on the door of official taxis which stand in taxi ranks at the airport and elsewhere. Taxis from Fiumicino [FCO] have a reputation for sticking to the fixed price. Taxis from Ciampino [CIA] are apparently a bit tricky. The fixed prices are to and from the airports to places within the Aurelian Wall. Where most people stay.

Taxis can be called by phone and found at taxi ranks, but not flagged down in the street.

from a newspaper article about people complaining
that too many taxis are waiting for tourists,
not serving locals
This is a taxi rank outside St Peters.

The website numbeo, with general info on expat life, has taxi calculators for various places. It and other calculators can be found with a search for "[name of place] taxi calculator." Thus for Rome:
Use this for calculating taxi fares
https://www.numbeo.com/taxi-fare/in/RomeObviously traffic and waiting times will vary.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mythology and Rome

I've neglected this blog, busy elsewhere. I return to place here something I wrote today, adding to treasures others have just added on ...