where is this from?

This blog contains texts I have contributed to Italy forums of Tripadvisor. Only what I have contributed.

I assert my intellectual property rights to my writing.

My work may be re-used in terms as for Creative Commons, allowing "users to distribute, remix and build upon a work, and create Derivative Works – even for commercial use – provided they credit the original creator/s (and any other nominated parties)."

In posting things to Tripadvisor, the Tripadvisor system adds some links of its own choosing, to its own pages. I have not removed these.


Thursday 24 May 2018

the desire to go to many places in a short time

People write every day asking if their itinerary is OK. Too often their itineraries jam packed. Perhaps unable to resolve differences at home about where to go, perhaps just gelateria syndrome, wanting the lot. This is somewhat generic advice rendered to someone wanting to cover Italy (multiple destinations), Switzerland, Paris and Amsterdam in 11 nights. Of course bus tours can be found, adopting this kind of pace, but...

Just convert to days for reality 
2 days Rome includes recovery from flight 
1 day Venice  
Selfies by lakes maybe
Two days Paris 
One day Amsterdam. 
What will you learn? Where is the relaxation, reflection, holiday? 
When you move accommodation you have to add several hours front end and back end to notional travel time just for packing, checking out, getting to station, waiting, finding accommodation, checking in, finding room, etc. And time to try to adjust your head to where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mythology and Rome

I've neglected this blog, busy elsewhere. I return to place here something I wrote today, adding to treasures others have just added on ...