where is this from?

This blog contains texts I have contributed to Italy forums of Tripadvisor. Only what I have contributed.

I assert my intellectual property rights to my writing.

My work may be re-used in terms as for Creative Commons, allowing "users to distribute, remix and build upon a work, and create Derivative Works – even for commercial use – provided they credit the original creator/s (and any other nominated parties)."

In posting things to Tripadvisor, the Tripadvisor system adds some links of its own choosing, to its own pages. I have not removed these.


Friday 25 May 2018

food intolerances

Someone asking about gluten and dairy intolerance, visiting Sardinia.

I cannot speak of shopping in Sardegna but in general gluten avoidance or intolerance are understood and covered by EU regulations.
Senza glutine means without gluten. Which is the term used. Celiaco means celiac. The first c is pronounced ch, the second as a k.
Dairy foods are latticini. Milk is latte, despite widespread English-speaking-world belief that it means.a light brown coffee. You are wanting to avoid prodotti di latte, dairy products. Panna as in panna cotta or in a fridge container is cream. Formaggio is cheese.
You may find almond or soy milk. Mandorla, soia.
In supermarkets and small shops you will find same ingredient requirements on packages as in rest of EU but with vocabulario as above perhaps also English etc. In markets as well as shops you will find unprocessed things.
Italy is not all pizza and pasta. You should find abundant fresh fish and meats (but I’m hoping especially fish in Sardinia) and fruit and vegetables in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mythology and Rome

I've neglected this blog, busy elsewhere. I return to place here something I wrote today, adding to treasures others have just added on ...