where is this from?

This blog contains texts I have contributed to Italy forums of Tripadvisor. Only what I have contributed.

I assert my intellectual property rights to my writing.

My work may be re-used in terms as for Creative Commons, allowing "users to distribute, remix and build upon a work, and create Derivative Works – even for commercial use – provided they credit the original creator/s (and any other nominated parties)."

In posting things to Tripadvisor, the Tripadvisor system adds some links of its own choosing, to its own pages. I have not removed these.


Thursday 24 May 2018

what to wear

This is a first post in what may be more, pasting things I've written about in Tripadvisor.

In a discussion where someone wrote asking if it was OK in Venice and elsewhere to dress as usual in T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, he was universally urged to wear sensible shoes, but otherwise to wear whatever he liked. Only a voice from Alaska spoke of looking decorous... and was criticised internationally for doing so.

So I wrote:
It seems to me an extraordinary irony that people go round the world to see things of classic beauty and style (modern or older) and choose to be slouchy. Any moment now I may have to unbook italy and go to Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mythology and Rome

I've neglected this blog, busy elsewhere. I return to place here something I wrote today, adding to treasures others have just added on ...