where is this from?

This blog contains texts I have contributed to Italy forums of Tripadvisor. Only what I have contributed.

I assert my intellectual property rights to my writing.

My work may be re-used in terms as for Creative Commons, allowing "users to distribute, remix and build upon a work, and create Derivative Works – even for commercial use – provided they credit the original creator/s (and any other nominated parties)."

In posting things to Tripadvisor, the Tripadvisor system adds some links of its own choosing, to its own pages. I have not removed these.


Thursday 24 May 2018

the weather

People ask about what the weather will be like at some time in the future. Accuweather.com is a good guide, I refer people to the appropriate month last year, which will show the long term average but of late last year seems often warmer or wilder than the long term average. The accuweather info does not include rain.

People sometimes write from a place saying "It's raining, what can I do?" I suppose one does as elsewhere... but perhaps also wise, in booking, to look at the street or town and ask that question before leaving home.

I take the liberty of quoting here as there a few remarkable words by someone else. That person replied to say he had laboured long over those words and that he, not in England, thought it summed up a standard day in England. Shakespeare might have been pleased to use these words in quotes below.

This was last year.
https:/…Early September slightly more heated with tourists. The decline and fall of Roman temperatures more evident in October.
A****, I bow and congratulate on such a beautiful triple negative:
"But never was it uncomfortable when not raining."
You can arrive without an umbrella S****i. If a rain shower begins there will be someone on a corner to sell you an elegant collapsing umbrella at tiny price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mythology and Rome

I've neglected this blog, busy elsewhere. I return to place here something I wrote today, adding to treasures others have just added on ...