where is this from?

This blog contains texts I have contributed to Italy forums of Tripadvisor. Only what I have contributed.

I assert my intellectual property rights to my writing.

My work may be re-used in terms as for Creative Commons, allowing "users to distribute, remix and build upon a work, and create Derivative Works – even for commercial use – provided they credit the original creator/s (and any other nominated parties)."

In posting things to Tripadvisor, the Tripadvisor system adds some links of its own choosing, to its own pages. I have not removed these.


Thursday 24 May 2018

the elderly traveler

Someone wrote about a week in Rome with a much older than I am family member. With ideas for visiting the Colosseum and Vatican Museums etc. I said:

I will be 75 when next in Rome.
We will be in an apartment near your hotel. For four weeks.
Our greatest pleasure will be in wandering. Pausing, snacking. If someone asked me if I wanted a tour of the inside of some place (other than perhaps the Borghese or less well known gallery) I would say "Are you kidding, I thought that doing that stuff was a waste of time fifty years ago, why now?" I trust your capo di capi is being consulted.
There are so many interesting places near your hotel, nearer than the Colosseum. Peruse the google map, click on names, use street view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mythology and Rome

I've neglected this blog, busy elsewhere. I return to place here something I wrote today, adding to treasures others have just added on ...