where is this from?

This blog contains texts I have contributed to Italy forums of Tripadvisor. Only what I have contributed.

I assert my intellectual property rights to my writing.

My work may be re-used in terms as for Creative Commons, allowing "users to distribute, remix and build upon a work, and create Derivative Works – even for commercial use – provided they credit the original creator/s (and any other nominated parties)."

In posting things to Tripadvisor, the Tripadvisor system adds some links of its own choosing, to its own pages. I have not removed these.


Friday 25 May 2018

how to dress, part 2

I wrote earlier with a little note on the subject of what to wear, click on label at end of this entry. The discussion thread wandered on variously, including to hats and American men who leave their baseball caps on in restaurants in Italy. On hats I wrote:

Source
I have to wear a hat or beanie 24 hours a day to defend against chronic headache.
My best and youngest, purchased in Florence in 2010 are from Roberto Calamai, hat with a brim and berets
http://www.robertohats.com/chi_siamo  ...when he was here, fighting for the integrity of the San Lorenzo market
https:/…   
My finest oldest friend is a Borsalino Classico purchased from a tiny long-closed shop on Via Arenula in Rome, March 1978. I will take it to Italy in September, it still folds up like a cheese or cake section. It is no more battered than I am. We go most places together, but unlike my Borsalino I am unable to fold up and pack among my beloved's jumpers, such an inexpensive and pleasant way to think of traveling. 
My other excellent brimmed friend is brown, of uncertain age, purchased in the Porta Portese market in 2011 from the people who sell there at half the price offered in their second had shop in Via del Governo Vecchio [number 36?]. I lent it to a visiting French person come wandering in summer without a hat. He stained it with sweat, but that came out with a soak in slightly warm wool wash. 
Style is accessible. Comfortable. Individual. But do read these: 
triviumpublishing.com/articles/nobleinitaly.… 
https:/… 
on sumptuary laws, ambitions and desires. 
In my country, the baseball cap is worn backwards, is normally on the empty head of a person with a car with damaged exhaust shaking other cars stopped at traffic lights with its 500 watt speakers.
I mention in the preambular remarks top of page that the Tripadvisor supercomputer sticks links in things you write. As indicative of the prospects for Artificial Intelligence, I refer to my Borsalino Classico hat and the link inserted from the word 'Classico' is to a restaurant in northern Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mythology and Rome

I've neglected this blog, busy elsewhere. I return to place here something I wrote today, adding to treasures others have just added on ...